Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Needs Suggestion

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 10:41 PM, SUBHAM ROY <subham.iem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
By doing \timing in psql, we enable the timing and then when we type the query we are able to see its execution time.
Similarly, is there any way to view the number I/Os and memory usage by a particular query.

PGsnap module will describes tables,Indexes,Sequences I/O statistics and URL as follows

http://pgsnap.projects.postgresql.org/fluxbb_snap_20100513/bgwriter.html

pg_buffercache module will shows memory usage on particular tables.

--Raghu Ram

And also the timing result that gets displayed, in which log file does it get recorded?

--
Thank You,
Subham Roy,