Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [HACKERS] Date conversion using day of week

On 1 April 2011 05:16, Steve Crawford <scrawford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, to return to the original issue, should we allow the day to be spelled
> out and fix it (as noted in this thread it is non-standard but also
> unambiguous and we already allow plenty of non-standard formats) or throw an
> error? For me personally, either would be fine. What isn't correct is the
> current behavior:

I started out thinking we should throw the error, but I am coming
around to the idea of fixing it.  I outlined how that might work in
reply to Adrian Klaver elsewhere in the thread [1].

Cheers,
BJ

[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-03/msg01906.php