Search Postgresql Archives

Totally new, two main problems.

Im learning pg sql and psql in general. Im using console psql in windows. For
now, i installed it correctly and execute it, ok.

My first problem is that i dont know how to execute a pgsql script when im
in the psql program.
CREATE FUNCTION sales_tax(subtotal real) RETURNS real AS $$
 BEGIN
    RETURN subtotal * 0.06;
END;
$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

This is in c:/2tri/scr.sql. How i can execute that?

Also my other problem is with pgsql syntax. How i can print a text to the
console for checking, debugign, etc, i dont see anything to do that.