Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Custom install options via apt-get install on ubuntu

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011, fjania wrote:

I'd like to pass configuration options to the postgres installer on ubuntu
if possible. Mostly I'm concerned about setting the location of the data
directory, and where the logs are stored.

You can with the pg_createcluster command.  It is an Ubuntu-specific command
that will assist in creating and managing multiple clusters on an Ubuntu
system.  You may also be interested in pg_ctlcluster, pg_lsclusters, and
pg_dropcluster.

-- Gary Chambers