Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to configure for remote TCP/IP client conncections using MS Visual Basic OLE DB calls and PostgreSQL dll's?

On 03/09/2011 09:59 AM, John Edens wrote:
If I am following, 144.96.80.35 is your server address not the clients.
In pg_hba.conf the IPs are those from the clients you want to let in, so
you will need to use an IP or mask that matches that of your client. To
reduce confusion you might want to do that in the section for remote
connections :)

Per the explanation above your client IP does not have access to the
server.

Okay, I have set the mask as described...

I can now use pgAdmin III to access the database on the server from my
desktop machine, which I could not previously do.

However, the VB code still gives the error previously described.

Thanks for the config file help - any ideas about the OLE DB connection
problem?

What I know about OLE would fit in the navel of a flea:) That being said I offer:
http://www.connectionstrings.com/postgre-sql#p53

It would seem your connection string needs different information.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx