Search Postgresql Archives

Permission denied when inserting

Hello,

I have a database app that worked fine until we reinstalled the server with the related DB dump and restore. Most of the stuff works fine after the reinstall, but one particular insert gives very cryptic (for me) message:

spam=> INSERT INTO permout ( site, cp, owner, descr, creat_who ) VALUES ( 'vin', '3035.1', 'borelupo', 'test', 'borelupo' );
ERROR:  permission denied for relation out2cp
CONTEXT: SQL statement "SELECT 1 FROM ONLY "public"."out2cp" x WHERE "site"::pg_catalog.text OPERATOR(pg_catalog.=) $1::pg_catalog.text AND "cp"::pg_catalog.text OPERATOR(pg_catalog.=) $2::pg_catalog.text FOR SHARE OF x"

Note, that I am inserting into table "permout", but the message is about permission for "out2cp". Any idea what went wrong? When I was doing the dump I forgot to dump all the permissions as well so I had to restore them manually and possibly something is not right somewhere, but the error message given is of no help to me. What does the "CONTEXT" message actually mean?
   More information is below (I'm logged in as user 'borelupo').

   Thanks in advance to anyone who can direct me in the right direction.
   Borek

spam=> \d permout
                      Table "public.permout"
   Column   |            Type             |       Modifiers
------------+-----------------------------+------------------------
 site       | character varying(3)        | not null
 cp         | character varying(10)       | not null
 valfrom    | timestamp without time zone | not null default now()
 valuntil   | timestamp without time zone |
 owner      | character varying(32)       | not null
 descr      | character varying(64)       |
 creat_who  | character varying(8)        |
 creat_when | timestamp without time zone | default now()
 chg_who    | character varying(8)        |
 chg_when   | timestamp without time zone |
    "permout_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (site, cp)
Foreign-key constraints:
"permout_site_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (site, cp) REFERENCES out2cp(site, cp) ON DELETE CASCADE

spam=> \d out2cp
              Table "public.out2cp"
  Column  |         Type          |   Modifiers
----------+-----------------------+---------------
 site     | character varying(3)  | not null
 cp       | character varying(10) | not null
 outlet   | character varying(10) | not null
 location | character varying(32) |
 dont_age | boolean               | default false
 fault    | boolean               | default false
 coords   | character varying(4)  |
    "out2cp_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (site, cp)
    "myo2c" UNIQUE, btree (site, cp, outlet)
    "o2c_outlet" UNIQUE, btree (site, outlet)
    "o2c_cp" btree (cp)
    "o2c_site" btree (site)

spam=> \z permout
Access privileges for database "spam" Schema | Name | Type | Access privileges
public | permout | table | {borelupo=arwdxt/borelupo,swcoll=r/borelupo,swcgi=arwdx/borelupo,spamdump=r/borelupo,facility=r/borelupo}
(1 row)

spam=> \z out2cp
Access privileges for database "spam" Schema | Name | Type | Access privileges
public | out2cp | table | {swcoll=r/petrcech,swcgi=r/petrcech,spamdump=r/petrcech,facility=r/petrcech,borelupo=arwdxt/petrcech}
(1 row)

spam=> select version();
                                            version