Search Postgresql Archives

Backup WAL files and pg_standby

Hi,

I looking for the best solution to backup files using WAL and warm standby.
I have 2 servers A and B. A is a main server (production) on B is runing postgres with warm standby. I must now backup databases and WAL to tape using a TSM, but on server standby if I using macro %r I have only few WAL file.
How should I run a backup to guard against given events:

1) my two database servers is crashed and I must recovery database and WAL from tape?
2) how often I must do online backup and backup WAL files?

Albert