Search Postgresql Archives

Duplicated tables of certain columns

I try to duplicate a tables of certain columns by using

CREATE TABLE backup_table AS SELECT * FROM unit_11 WHERE status = 1;

I realize the above command will duplicate content of table unit_11 to backup_table. However, the index is not being carried over. Hence, I change my command to

create table backup_table ( like unit_11 INCLUDING DEFAULTS INCLUDING CONSTRAINTS INCLUDING INDEXES );
INSERT INTO backup_table SELECT * FROM unit_11 WHERE status = 1;

It works fine with the following output

Table unit_11
=============
unit_id [PK]	fk_lot_id	status		value
1		11		1		100
2		11		1		101
3		11		0		102

Table backup_table
==================
unit_id [PK]	fk_lot_id	status		value
1		11		1		100
2		11		1		101

However, this is not what I want. I wish to have all columns being duplicated over except for column "fk_lot_id", where I would like to define my own "fk_lot_id". My final wished table is as follow.

Table backup_table
unit_id [PK]	fk_lot_id	status		value
1		99		1		100
2		99		1		101

May I know how I can achieve these by using combination of SQL command?

Thanks!

Thanks and Regards
Yan Cheng CHEOK