Search Postgresql Archives

password

I gave Postgre a password during install.  However, it always rejects
it. I tried uninstalling, deleting all files, and reinstalling. Same
thing.  It complains about user "roedy" (my windows id). It seems to
me the default user is supposed to be postgres not Roedy.  Perhaps
that is the source of the problem. I can't find anything relevant in
the docs.

The docs talk about installing on Unix by compiling C source.  I have
Windows 7 64 bit. I get the feeling Windows users are unwelcome.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com