Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Mac OSX 10.6 libpq.5.dylib

On Feb 19, 2011, at 4:09 AM, PANAGIOTIS GERMANIS wrote:

> Dyld Error Message:
>   Library not loaded: libpq.5.dylib
>   Referenced from: /Volumes/Documents/Projects/Mac_Software/iMacProjects/macReport/build/Release/macReport.app/Contents/MacOS/macReport
>   Reason: image not found

There are two ways I know of to get that error:

- The dylib is being looked for at the wrong location, which is of course what the install_name_tool command is about. You need to understand what you're actually doing with that command, what the library dependencies actually are and so on, and make sure you're doing it right.

- The dylib might be located, but might not contain the correct architecture. You need to make sure you're building a fat lib that includes all architectures that your app will support.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx