Search Postgresql Archives

Re: tuning postgresql writes to disk

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Vinubalaji Gopal <vinubalaji@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thank you. I will try to run some performance tests using the async
commit option. Is there an easy way to find the lost transactions or
does it have to be handled by the application?

By definition, your application has to be able to detect it. If the DB were able find them, they wouldn't be lost.

Personally, I turn off synchronous commit on a per-connection basis based on what my application is doing. When I insert or update data, I need to ensure it is there; when I move data around or do batch processing on it, it is usually a restartable operation.