Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Directing Partitioned Table Searches

Vick Khera wrote:
Your best bet is to know which partition you need and write your query
that way dynamically, rather than trying to use a generic query and
have the DB do the constraint exclusion.  In your above case, if you
know that 'zone' will limit you to just the MI table, then specify the
MI table instead of the base clu table.
Thanks. That sounds simple enough. Since I want to automate this, I guess the next step is to learn how to create and execute a "dynamic" query. I think I know how to do that.

--

*Bill Thoen*
GISnet - www.gisnet.com <http://www.gisnet.com/>