Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Database Design Question

Just trying to understand good DBA design practice. This is obviously
a very general question but any feedback on what good or bad issues
would come from me dumping all my tables for applications in one
database or spread out across multiple databases on PostgreSQL.

Thank you!
As a general rule, whenever you have applications that don't share anything should not be in the same database. This is because of flexibility, it is a lot easier to move an application to another server in the future, if you decide to break them up. If the only thing that is shared is a users table, I would move the users to ldap.

Sim