Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Some Problems - Shall I reinstall the DB?

On Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:03:20 pm vwu98034@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> When I try to access PG from PC command prompt with the psql command, I get
> the following error message:
>
> psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly
>    This probably mean the server terminated abnormally before or while
> processing the request.
>
> This time a error message shows up in the PG log file: "FATAL:  could not
> reattach to shared memory (key=5432001, addr=011D0000): Invalid argument"
>
> As I can tell, the PG log file doesn't tell the whole story. The version of
> PG is 8.0.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say you are running the server on
Windows correct? Before we go any further the 8.0.x series is past end of life,
especially for the Windows version. The problem you report above FATAL:... is a
known Windows version problem. It was fixed in later versions, looks like from
8.2.18 on. I do not run Postgres on Windows, if that indeed is where your server
is running, so I am at the limit of what I can help you with.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx