Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Install Pgadmin3 1.12 on ubuntu 10.4 lucid client without postgresql server install

Le 26/01/2011 00:28, MargaretGillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :
> Using these instructions
>
> http://wiki.flexive.org/confluence/display/FX/Postgres+9.x+installation+in+Ubuntu?focusedCommentId=4915206#comment-4915206
>

> I am trying to install current pgadmin3 1.12 on an ubuntu lucid client. Using
> the instructions above I have an Ubuntu 10.4 Postgresql 9 server up and running
> successfully with pgadmin3 working, too. If I try this server install on the
> ubuntu client it fails. Because there is no local server the pgadmin3 install
> fails. Is there a way to install just pgadmin3 from the tar on an ubuntu 10.4
> client?

The URL above doesn't ask you to install the PostgreSQL server, but its
development package (pg_config, header files and so on). You need it to
compile pgAdmin. And you need PostgreSQL libpq to use pgAdmin. That's
all you need.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr