Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Getting a sample data set.

On 19/01/2011 00:04, Alban Hertroys wrote:
On 18 Jan 2011, at 23:03, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

I suppose you meant particular? Yes, definitely. Although I'm
sure some would find it peculiar as well :)

Actually, "peculiar to" is perfectly correct here, though a bit
old-fashioned.  According to my dictionary, it originally meant

That's a phrase we use in this part of the world also.... or maybe
it's just what I learnt from my mother. :-)

I can't really comment on that, I'm Dutch. English is but my second
language. This usage of peculiar is just peculiar to me. But, I've
learned something new from you guys, so thanks for that. I'll
probably be pestering some British friends with it in the coming days
:)

The few time I've visited the Netherlands, I got the impression that many Dutch people spoke better English than many native speakers. :-)

Talk about getting off-topic... I didn't get the impression anyone
did mind though.

Yeah, getting just a bit OT. :-)

Ray.

--