Search Postgresql Archives

beginners autovacuum question

I'm tracking a problem with our tables being bloated and was curious if someone regularly kills autovacuum jobs, will autovacuum later reattempt to vacuum the table it was killed under?

I've made autovacuum more aggressive and given more worker threads. Yet for some reason we're not keeping up. The tables on this system are very active (at least many of them are). We have a large database (above 3.5 TB at this time) on a Sun Solaris Thumper (sunfire 4500 series I believe).

Vacuum does complete when I run it manually on a table. But I'm suspecting a coworker working late at night be my killing autovacuum. Reading through the logs right now to see if this is the case.

Thanks!