Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Restore

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 9:38 PM, Bob Pawley <rjpawley@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I attempted loading earlier version of my backup database, using PDW# \I
> PDW_May_2010  and it worked.
>
> Looks as tho the June version may have been corrupt.

If it's a plain sql text file you can read it with a simple app like
the notepad or whatever editor comes with windows.  If it's not plain
sql, but was created with pg_dump with switches to make it a custom
compressed format then you'll need to use pg_restore to restore the
file.  I generally store plain text sql files as .sql and compressed
dumps as .dmp so I can tell them apart by their names.