Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Issue while using PostgreSql 8.4.

Atul,

My issue is, first time I am creating the table and inserting some rows of data. After doing some logic going to delete that table . I am observing application is getting hang while executing statement.execute().

Please suggest me how to fix this issue.

I am assuming your Âstatement.execute includes something like

"drop table <yourtable>"

did you make ABSOLUTELY sure that no part of your (or any other running) programm is still "interested" in that table?

as in "maybe some ORM-mapper still has a transaction open into that table"?

Because dropping a locked table has to wait until the lock is gone to complete. (esp. if there is an implicit commit in your execute; which may or may not be, depending on your connection-configuration)

Harald

--
Harald Armin Massa  ÂÂwww.2ndQuadrant.com
PostgreSQL ÂTraining, Services Âand Support