Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to restore from backup to 8.4.3 server using 9.0 dump/restore

On 2010-12-16 11.21, Jayadevan M wrote:
Hello,
I don't know for sure, but I don't see why it should fail - it's only
reading it, not writing data to it or making any changes.
Probably it will fail...
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/sql-createdatabase.html
Although it is possible to copy a database other than template1 by
specifying its name as the template, this is not (yet) intended as a
general-purpose "COPY DATABASE" facility. The principal limitation is that
no other sessions can be connected to the template database while it is
being copied. CREATE DATABASE will fail if any other connection exists
when it starts;

Are there any other side effects to this besides failing CREATE DATABASE command?

--
Regards,
Robert "roppert" GravsjÃ