Search Postgresql Archives

pg_standby logging issues

Title: pg_standby logging issues
Hi,

I am using pg_standby in the recovery_command of recover.conf, and with the –d option I am getting an entry every few seconds when it checks for the trigger and WAL files.

If I leave out the –d option, I seem to get nothing.  What messages should I see without the –d option?  ( I want to try to keep the logging down a bit...)

It also seems that I am unable to rotate the log files while pg_standby is running.  If I rename the log file and immediately create it’s replacement, all the logging stops.  I have to restart pg_ctl to get the pg_standby log moving again.

What workarounds would you suggest for this case?  Would you anticipate any problem with scripting the logfile rotation and restart of pg_ctl on a regular basis?  Anything more elegant out there?

Thanks!!

Greg