Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Looking for auto starting procedures

On Dec 2, 2010, at 11:32 AM, <mabra@xxxxxxxxxxxx> <mabra@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The usual notification from postgreSQL does not allow to write
> an [own, better to evaluate] identifier in the syslog. This is
> not a matter of the syslog daemon, its on the program which logs.
> May be, I have just not found this.

Am I missing something you require, or would this do it:

raise notice 'mynotice: %', some_id;

> An auto running stored procedure would solve the problem, if therewould be
> a way to run this procedure on server startup automatically
> [as it looks, write another daemon for this].

I've actually wanted that as well ;-) But it's not that hard to arrange for your script that starts the PG server to also run some SQL after the server launch.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx