Search Postgresql Archives

Re: NOTIFY/LISTEN why is not a callback as notice processing.

"Filonenko Michael" <filonenko.mikhail@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I create simple mechanism to inform user about something in database
> triggers. In my front-end I use PQsetNoticeReceiver, and display messages
> in QTextEdit.
> I think about multi-user environment. I read about NOTIFY/LISTEN, but find
> no callback mechanism. Is it planning?

Not in libpq.  libpq is just a passive library, it can't cause actions
to happen when you aren't calling it.  So there's no point in a
callback: you might as well just test for occurrences of a NOTIFY at
times when you're prepared to handle it.

			regards, tom lane