Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Access postgresql data base from .net

On 11/05/10 2:40 PM, mike stanton wrote:
Dann, perhaps the a better question would be.....if we use, for example, npgsql, we'd have to adapt code and use the tools own calls. And that means rewriting. Is this true?.

npgsql implements oledb, I thought, which hooks right up to the .NET database glue? That should just hook up to your existing SQL code. If your SQL code follows the standards, it should work with little or no tweaking.

however....

if you are using any Microsoft SQL Server specific features, you'll need to rewrite those parts to switch to /anything/ else. Any transact*sql procedures will need rewriting into pl/pgsql.

SQL Server's ETL tool should be able to copy your schema and data into postgres tables.