Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Temporary schemas

Merlin Moncure wrote on 01.11.2010 23:13:
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Thomas Kellerer<spam_eater@xxxxxxx>  wrote:
The problem is, that the JDBC driver only returns information about the temp
tables, if I specify that schema directly.

Have you filed a bug report to jdbc yet? :-D.

I thought about it initially, but then realized that it works as documented by the JDBC API.

When requesting the table information without specifying a schema, it is returned.
But in my application I use the current schema to request information about non-qualified tables which obviously fails as the current schema is usually public or another user schema but never pg_temp_xxx. So even though a select from a temp table (whithout a schema) works fine from within JDBC, retrieving metadata only works when either specifying no schema, or the correct one - which is a bit confusing but absolutely according to the JDBC specs.

Regards
Thomas