Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Constraint: string length must be 32 chars

I just read the "anonymously" part, so I take it you have ruled out recording the given coordinate components directly, in multiple columns presumably? Otherwise it seems you could then do a) a composite key and b) queries directly against coordinate values.

Alexander Farber wrote:
Thank you for your advices.

I actually would like to store GPS coordinates, but anonymously,
so I was going to save md5(my_secret+IMEI) coming from a mobile...

I have to lookup if uuid is supported there

Regards
Alex