Search Postgresql Archives

Re: It it possible to get this result in one query?

Sure:

select
   t3.id,
   coalesce
      (
      t1.title,
      t2.title,
      t3.title
      ),
   coalesce
      (
      case
         when t1.title is not null
         then 'table_one,'
         else null
      end,
      case
         when t2.title is not null
         then 'table_two,'
         else null
      end,
      ''
      ) || 'table_three'
from
   table_three t3
   left outer join table_two t2 using (id)
   left outer join table_one t1 using (id)

On 10/14/2010 8:13 PM, Nick wrote:
I guess I should mention that im basically searching for a way to
recusively coalesce the title. So I want to search the second table
and

table_one (id,title)
1 | new one

table_two (id,title)
2 | new two

table_three (id,title)
1 | one
2 | two
3 | three

Id like an sql statement that returns...
1 | new one | [table_one,table_three]
2 | new two | [table_two,table_three]
3 | three | [table_three]