Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PL/TCL Unkown module

if you want this to be for pltcl not pltclu... You're not going to be able
to source random files from the filesystem.

Thanks - we're doing this using pltclu and have been using "source..." for 4 years with no trouble.

Well, you can use whatever "unknown" function you want, but it has to be
loaded from that table;

Then I have to figure out what to do next - so here's my checklist:

1) Since PL/TCL always looks for pltcl_modules automatically all interpreters that hit an unknown command will find the entry for "unkown" which I can rewrite to load my libs keeping in mind the limitations of the type of interpreter pltcl or pltclu.
2) For our LINUX people, I would guess that they need to run from a shell:
  pltcl_loadmod.in myDb unknown.pltcl -host myHost
3) For Windows, I guess I would have to comment out: exec @TCLSH@ "$0" "$@" then run from the command window:
  tclsh pltcl_loadmod.in myDb unknown.pltcl -host myHost

Is this right?

Is there any way for a sub prc to know whether it is running within a pltclu or pltcl interpreter? I wrote a test proc showing the globals within a pltclu proc and I don't see anything obvious.