From: Jayadevan M [mailto:Jayadevan.Maymala@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, 8 September 2010 4:42 PM
To: Brendan Hill
Cc: pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; pgsql-general-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Postgres 32bit on Windows 64bit, related components

> We're about to purchase a new server for our Postgres 8.4 database.
> We’d like to go with Windows 64bit for possible future developments,
> but are happy to stick with 32bit Postgres + Npgsql, ODBC, OpenSSL,
> slony2 and libxml2, libpq.
Any specific reasons for choosing Windows? Once in a while, I see someone
posting issues about PostgreSQL on windows and replies which go 'Windows?
hmmm...not sure about that ..". Of course, those were not questions about
queries/query tuning etc. Those get answered. These questions mostly deal
with  crashes/recovery/security related and so on.