Search Postgresql Archives

Setting up pgpass.conf for the postgres OS user on windows for pgAgent

Hello,

I would like to set up pgAgent on windows. I'm using the EDB 8.4.4
package. I know that it is bad practice to put the password directly
in the conninfo string, so I've avoided that. I want to use pgpass
authentication, per the instructions for pgAgent.

I get an fe_sendauth error message in windows event viewer for the
pgagent service when I attempt to start pgagent. I'm not sure where I
should put the pgpass.conf file so that it's in the postgres service
account's %APPDATA%\postgresql directory. Perhaps someone could give
further direction.

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan