Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pgtune

Jacqui Caren-home wrote:
we had a rather neat tool for oracle some
years ago that would connect to a live database and monitor the QEP
(query execution plan) cache for badly indexed queries etc.
It would use this information (with the schema meta data) to suggest
creation and deletion of indices or norm or denorm of tables.
My questions is - is there anything out there "similar" for Pg?

We have a service like that:  http://www.tuningcloud.com/

And some of Enterprise DB's PostgreSQL products have a tool named Dynatune that tweaks the configuration of a running server: http://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/8.3/suppguide/EnterpriseDB_Supplement_EN_8.3-15.htm

I'm not sure how much they actually look at queries to make those decisions though.

greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   www.2ndQuadrant.us