Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Is there a way to bypass sql?

 On 08/10/10 10:31 PM, Samantha Atkins wrote:
In many OO projects the majority of the work on persistent objects is navigational and inserts with relatively few updates. Queries are usually mainly for initial working set in many such systems and little else. When retrieving an object given a persistent oid it would be better if I didn't need to go through even a prepared statement and especially it would be better if I did not need to translate column values or do subqueries to either construct my OO language object or construct my OO cache entry. One thought is that I could in many cases store the cache entry format directly in a KV store and save a bit.

or just dump your data in a flatfile, in ASN.1 or XML or something. sheesh.