Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Libpq on iPad?

On Aug 1, 2010, at 8:00 PM, ABPNI wrote:

> On 2 Aug 2010, at 00:44, Jerry LeVan <jerry.levan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone looked at the feasibility of building libpq as a first step towards building
>> An iPad app that can talk to postgresql dbs ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jerry
>>
>> Trapped in Steve Jobs Reality Distortion Field
>> --
>
> I would have thought that only backend apps would talk to pgsql?
>
> Maybe there is a case to allow an ipad app to talk directly to a pgsql database? Admin work?

Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away, I wrote gui apps ( Cocoa/Python/Tk) that allowed
me to interact with Postgresql databases ( Think stripped down PgAdmin).

It would be nice to be able to do the same on my iPad...but I guess that Python and Tk are
out as developmental tools.

(I have a ssh app that I can use but it is a bit clumsy...)

Jerry