Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Comparison of Oracle and PostgreSQL full text search

Greg Williamson wrote:

Our tests -- very much oriented at postGIS found Oracle to be between 5
and 15% _faster_ depending on the specifics of the task. We decided to go
with postgres given the price difference (several hundred thousand dollars for
Oracle in the configuration we needed vs. zip for postgres -- we already had
trained postgres DBAs).

Interesting. Do you have information about the versions of PostGIS/GEOS that you were using? Of course we'd be very interested to see examples of test cases with bad performance on the postgis-users list so that we can improve them.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk