Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Comparison of Oracle and PostgreSQL full text search

Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@xxxxxxx> writes:
> Howard Rogers, 28.07.2010 03:58:
>> For what it's worth, I wrote up the performance comparison here:
>> http://diznix.com/dizwell/archives/153

> Very interesting reading.

Indeed.

> Would you mind sharing the tables, index structures and search queries that you used (both for Oracle and Postgres)?

What I'd be interested in is EXPLAIN ANALYZE results.  In particular,
I wonder if the planner was switching from indexscan to seqscan plans
for the cases where many rows would be returned, and if so whether it
got the cutover point right.

			regards, tom lane