Search Postgresql Archives

alter table schema, default sequences stay the same

I am using 8.2.17

I added a new schema and moved tables into it using

ALTER TABLE tblname SET SCHEMA newschema;

This moves the sequences referred to by the table to the new schema as
is specified by the manual.

> Associated indexes, constraints, and sequences owned by table columns
> are moved as well.

I was very surprised to find that the default nextval functions still
refer to the sequence public.sequencename

I discovered this when I tried to insert and it told me the sequence
does not exist.

> id integer NOT NULL DEFAULT
> nextval(('public.tblname_id_seq'::text)::regclass)
Shouldn't this change automatically as well?
Is there an easy way to modify all the default values now?

Thanks
Sim