Search Postgresql Archives

Re: unexpected effect of FOREIGN KEY ON CASCADE DELETE

On Thursday 24 June 2010 7:21:04 am Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz wrote:
> because in my case I have many tables with FK pointing at foob. So
> writing that many triggers is going to be a royal pain.

I am trying to see how this is different from writing the triggers on the child
tables :) In any case are they not all pointing the at the same value in foob?
>From what you have described you are trying to capture the name associated with
the id deleted in foob, so I am not sure why the child tables need to be
involved.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx