Search Postgresql Archives

Re: DDL partitioning with insert trigger issue

On 15 Jun 2010, at 24:46, mark wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running PG 8.3. and following the guide found athttp://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/ddl-partitioning.html
>

> I have followed the steps outlined here nearly exactly with regards to using an insert trigger to call a function to insert data into the child partition. I am wondering why I am getting the record inserted in both the child and the parent partition when executing an insert into the parent.
>

> Is there a step missing from the DOC? Something else I need to do?

Are you sure you're not mistaking table inheritance for duplicates? If you're querying the master table without the ONLY keyword then you'll see the data from the child tables as well.

Alban Hertroys

--
Screwing up is an excellent way to attach something to the ceiling.

!DSPAM:737,4c1752e1286215067983550!