Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Cognitive dissonance

Like all visitors from the Crab Nebula (except our leaders who are genetically separate) I qualify as a novice when it comes to Postgres. What is more, the people (humans, that is) who need the documentation the most are those who, well, need the documentation the most.

Hence, if this were to be made available, it would be great if it was novice speed.

Thanks everyone for even contemplating it.

John

Well, there are two separate things here:

* providing a Makefile target to build plain-text output.

* shipping prebuilt plain text docs in standard distributions.

I am for #1, not so much for #2, mainly on the grounds of size.  But
given #1 it would be possible for packagers to make their own choices
about whether to include plain-text docs.

Wouldn't it suffice to make it downloadable, like the pdf doc?