Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgres 8.4 segfaults on CentOS 5.5 (using EnterpriseDB installers)

On 06/04/2010 06:28 PM, Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:
Hi.

    Now we have our first CentOS 5.5 server (64-bit) and I installed
PostgreSQL 8.4.4 using the EnterpriseDB installer, and it is unable to
start the database instance.  If I try to start it manually, I get a
Segmentation Fault.  I tried the 8.4.2 installer, but the installed
binaries segfault too.  Have you seen this?  Any suggestions to
resolve it?

Any suggestions, please?

Since it doesn't look like anyone has jumped in with ideas I'll take some shots in the dark. I haven't seen this issue come up before and CentOS lags RHEL and is supposed to be basically binary-identical so I suspect it is related something about your particular install.

Is it possible that you (perhaps as a dependency) have some parts of PostgreSQL installed by CentOS and are experiencing conflicts.

I would both verify that you really have disabled SELinux and also try removing all traces of all installed copy/copies of PG and installing the (now version 8.4) PostgreSQL installation from the CentOS 5.5 distribution and see if that works then go from there.

Cheers,
Steve