Search Postgresql Archives

Re: 110,000,000 rows

I was aware that there are, in fact, many applications such as census data or cell phone calls that would easily surpass this number. However these applications exist in very large companies/organizations that can throw essentially unlimited resources at the problem. One thinks of the NSA's computers, for example.

What I was surprised to learn is the extremely common occurence of table sizes like this even in databases run by single individuals for individual needs.

Putting aside the cognitive challenge posed by data like this, what made me glad to have asked the question were the solutions provided in the responses.

John