Search Postgresql Archives

Re: plpythonu / using pg as an application server

As an example of a filesystem access that is transaction dependent:
When I create a new supplier in the database, I need a set of
directories built on the file system.
If the directories are not there, it will cause a lot of problems when
dealing with this supplier.
When creating the supplier, I use a trigger to build the directories,
and if it can't then it will error out, roll back the supplier insert
and give an error to the user that they cannot build the directory
structure and to please speak with IT to resolve the issue.

Sim