Search Postgresql Archives

Re: there is a way to deactivate type validation on 8.3.1????

On 05/28/2010 01:26 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 05/28/2010 11:20 AM, erobles wrote:
hi!
only for ask, there is a way to deactivate type validation, so i can do

select rtrim(number_field) from table ; with no error and the message:
"You might need to explicit type casts"

this is postgres 8.3.1.

What are you trying to do? I am trying to think what rtrim does on a number.

you are right, i'm trying to make a rtrim to a number.
the reason of my question is we have a lot of apps with similar querys , when we have postgres7.2 this kind of querys just simply execute very well, so.. when change to postgres 8.3 this querys fail beacuse they needit an explicit cast.

one solution is change the querys of apps and recompile, but time is short and the deadline is near.

other solution is create a function to each explicit cast, but we dont have the time to research if there are more mismatch querys.

so the easy way  is deactivate the validation type ...

so  another