Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Documentation availability as a single page of text

Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> There's a texinfo output that could perhaps be useful.  Try
> "make postgres.info" in the doc/src/sgml directory; while it's tagged
> "experimental" and outputs a boatload of warnings, it does work for me and the
> text it produces is plain enough.

It's pretty good indeed. Thanks for sharing the tip.

But it's very impractical to read any table in info format, and it's
missing an index. I guess the table format could be readable if using
the equivalent of psql's \x (1 row per column) and an empty line between
rows, but I have no idea how to do it. Ditto for indexing.

Regards,
--
dim