Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Moving postgresql data to another computer

Hi All,

Well, needless to say I naively copied the data over. First off I did not stop the database server (thus violating http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/backup-file.html) and I am not near my desktop. Does that mean my copy is in essence useless and I have to start over ?

-Don

Richard Broersma wrote:
On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Donald Catanzaro, PhD