Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Archiver not picking up changes to archive_command

Tom Lane wrote:
A look at the code shows that the archiver only notices SIGHUP once
per outer loop, so the change would only take effect once you catch up,
which is not going to help much in this case.  Possibly we should change
it to check for SIGHUP after each archive_command execution.

I never considered this a really important issue to sort out because I tell everybody it's unwise to put something complicated directly into archive_command. Much better to call a script that gets passed %f/%p, then let that script do all the work; don't even have to touch the server config if you need to fix something then. The lack of error checking that you get when just writing some shell commands directly in the archive_command itself horrifies me in a production environment.

greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   www.2ndQuadrant.us