Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Virtual table with pl/perl?

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Rene Schickbauer escribió:
Hi!

I'm looking into implementing an updateable "virtual" table using pl/perl.

What i basically want to do is read out/update some external
resources. For programs using the SQL interface, this should look
just like a regular table except that it isn't ACID compliant (no
rollbacks).

Did you see DBI-Link in pgfoundry.org?

Looks interesting. Thanks.

Though i'm not yet sure i wanna go this way, i'd still have to implement the database drivers for the stuff i need. Specifically, i need two things: I need to access external devices via snmp and web, as well as the ActiveDirectory for our windows domain controllers.

LG
Rene