Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Int64GetDatum

Bruce Momjian wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:
John R Pierce <pierce@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
I don't know if the build trees can be structured so the include directories can be differentiated the same as the bin and lib...
The RPM distributions are able to deal with this without actually
differentiating: if you install both 32- and 64-bit RPMs then the
overlapping files are the same for both, with pg_config.h being
a stub that does this:

#if defined(__x86_64__)
#include "pg_config_x86_64.h"
#elif defined(__i386__)
#include "pg_config_i386.h"

I don't know if Solaris' package management offers the same ability, but
if it does, then it could be handled like that.

Ah, good idea.  Is pg_config.h the only file that varies from 32 to
64-bit?

it *appears* to be here, but I don't have the 64 bit file set to compare with. there are definately a couple other files that get generated by ./configure, including ecpg_config.h and another that escapes me at the moment.

from what all I could tell, nothing in that would be likely to change between 32 and 64 bit builds on either sparc or x86 (but they might vary between sparc and x86, or even between completely different PG builds, like integer vs numeric date)