Search Postgresql Archives

fulltext search stemming/ spelling problems

Hi!

I'm using postgres 8.4.3 and try to get stemming/ wrong word correction working.

I already installed the myspell dictionaries using apt-get and created postgres dictionaries like this:

Fulltext search configuration »public.english_ispell«
Parser: »pg_catalog.default«
     Token      |            Dictionaries
-----------------+------------------------------------
asciihword      | english_ispell,english_stem,simple
asciiword       | english_ispell,english_stem,simple
email           | simple
file            | simple
float           | simple
host            | simple
hword           | english_ispell,english_stem,simple
hword_asciipart | english_ispell,english_stem,simple
hword_numpart   | simple
hword_part      | english_ispell,english_stem,simple
int             | simple
numhword        | simple
numword         | simple
sfloat          | simple
uint            | simple
url             | simple
url_path        | simple
version         | simple
word            | english_ispell,english_stem,simple

But when I do, for example, SELECT to_tsvector('english_ispell', 'gitar') the result is only:
'gitar':1

Shouldn't the word be corrected to 'guitar'?

SELECT plainto_tsquery('english_ispell','gitar') doesn't work neither:
'gitar'

Thanks,
Corin