Search Postgresql Archives

Re: "1-Click" installer problems

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 5:55 AM, John Gage <jsmgage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I will bet a bucket of day-old squid that this is a user rights problem.

They usually are, so I'm not taking that bet. We do see one regular
issue where Microsoft's cacl's command gives an unhelpful error for no
apparent reason: "The data is invalid." (usually when the user has
chosen a data directory *outside* of Program Files), but pretty much
everything else is in some way rights related. We just need to
understand what is different in each case...

FYI, as of 8.4.3/8.3.10, we know we do function correctly in the face
of a system secured according to the Federal Desktop Core
Configuration (FDCC) mandate
(http://www.microsoft.com/industry/government/federal/fdccdeployment.mspx),
but frankly Windows offers a million and one ways to tighten/screw up
security.

--
Dave Page